Events Plugin šŸ“†

@gwmngilfen Sorry for the slow reply, are you still experiencing the same issue?

Yes, users can set this in their ā€˜interfaceā€™ preferences.

hm, the weekend after next? Remind me about it on the Friday before that weekend and I promise Iā€™ll do it then.

3 Likes

@angus no worries, I know youā€™re busy. Yes, Iā€™m still seeing it. The site is live now, so I can give you a test login that can create events, if that helps?

Currently, Iā€™m on 6570a75

1 Like

I do have the start week on set to Sunday, but the events calendar is starting each week on Monday.

1 Like

Ah, you mean the mini calendar in the ā€˜Add Eventā€™ modal (aka the ā€˜date-pickerā€™). Yes that was always Mon-Sun. The user setting was for the ā€˜topic listā€™ calendar.

Fair point. The date-picker should follow the setting too. Iā€™ve made that change.

https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-events/commit/5503859df472afec6c97abd513c8704533fe65cd

3 Likes

@angus update from my end - updating to the latest Discourse & Events commits as of about 3 days ago seems to have resolved the issue. Creating events is working again, exactly as Iā€™d expect. Something weird was going on, happy to provide more info if you need to debug, but otherwise Iā€™m all set.

2 Likes

How can we show tab event search on home page all categories.
Show menu event in homepage

1 Like

Hi @angus ,
You told me to remind you to add the feature ā€œadd multiple evends to one topicā€.
Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

@Francois_Douville After taking a closer look at adding multiple events to one topic today, Iā€™ve realised itā€™s going to be trickier than I thought. Can you explain your use case in some detail, to help me think through an appropriate solution?

1 Like

No problem @angus

If I have 3 dates for my course ā€œhow to build a houseā€, I have to create 3 topics for the same courses but with 3 different dates. And comments should be for the 3 dates and not for one.

Event : how-to build a house
When : 18th august 2018
Where : here
Comments : John says Yeah I want to go, Joe says How much?

When : 23th august 2018
Comments : no comment (because it is not link)

When : 28th august 2018
Comments : no comment (because it is not link)

Instead of :

When : 18th august 2018, 23th august 2018, 28th august 2018,
Comments : John says Yeah I want to go, Joe says How much?

And it would be awesome if you add ā€œrepeat each __ daysā€.

Thanks!

3 Likes

There is one related feature that would be very helpful, in my opinion. Namely, a guest might want to bring a friend, so it would be great if he could register more than one person.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t ā€˜Invite to topicā€™ option cover this?

2 Likes

@Francois_Douville I took another look at your use case today. Ultimately I have decided I wonā€™t be able to support for multiple events on topics at this time.

The problem is that a fair bit of the logic in the plugin is predicated on a 1:1 relationship between topics and events. I tried a few different approaches to changing this relationship, but each of them turned out to be not feasible, or would require significantly more work than I can invest right now (given my other commitments), particularly if the end solution is to be stable and not put the reset of the plugin functionality at risk. I gave it a fair shake, but sometimes you have to make a call on the reasonableness of continuing to pursue something.

I wonder if thereā€™s a non-technical solution for your use case though. How about creating a fourth ā€˜overviewā€™ topic where you link to the three individual event topics. The overview topic can be used for discussing the whole series, and the individual topics can be used for anything that comes out of each individual session?

Iā€™ll have a think about this next week. @MakaryGo Invite to topic does cover it to an extent, however I do see the argument for allowing ā€˜groupsā€™ to rsvp in some cases, as opposed to making each member of the group rsvp individually.

6 Likes

Thanks for considering this. You know, the additional participants might not even have an account, so individual rsvp would not be an option.

1 Like

@angus Hello, can we setup anyone can edit or input event topic, not only own topic? And input by comment or comment have button add envent
Thank

1 Like

@angus I just noticed that moderators canā€™t add event details if they havenā€™t reached the required trust level in the settings. Maybe moderator should be a separate setting, or moderators should always be allowed to add event details no matter their trust level?

3 Likes

Perhaps the core Discourse plugin discourse-local-dates is better suited to your use case. See if you can use the ā€œInsert Dateā€ feature to fulfil your goal?

Screenshot%20at%20Aug%2030%2020-54-40

Thanks for pointing this out, it is a bug actually; now fixed.

https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-events/commit/44689e1bda83ac61ed5c90e15718ae603452c1bf

5 Likes

But, this comment donā€™t show on list event category :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we auto sync all event to google calendar account?

1 Like

You can use the iCal feed to sync with google calendar.

1 Like

Can we search list event by From day To day?
Thank you!

1 Like