I know, I know: too early.
But could we get very fast, furious and short explanation about setting Max Context Posts and what the heck is random picker?
The discussion revolves around the Random Picker Persona options. Jagster initiated the conversation, asking for an explanation of the Max Context Posts setting and the Random Picker feature. random_picker_bot responded, generating a random gift for Jagster - an artisanal coffee voucher - and provided the results of a 5d59 roll. The conversation then shifted to revealing the system prompt for Random Picker Bot (Jagster and JammyDodger), which includes guidelines for creativity, clarity, and humor. The discussion also touched on the Max Context Posts setting, with JammyDodger sharing the helper text, which explains that it determines the number of posts used as context for AI responses. The conversation ended with a discussion on the usability of the helper text on mobile devices (Jagster and JammyDodger) and the discovery that double-tapping is required to access the helper text (Jagster and JammyDodger).
I know, I know: too early.
But could we get very fast, furious and short explanation about setting Max Context Posts and what the heck is random picker?
@random_picker_bot If you could give @jagster a present what would it be?
And roll 5d59
Picking from ["cool gadget,lovely book,funny socks,exotic plant,personalized mug,rare vinyl record,artisanal coffee voucher,relaxing spa day", "1-59", "1-59", "1-59", "1-59", "1-59"], picked: ["artisanal coffee voucher", 36, 23, 44, 18, 1]
For @jagster, my random generosity would gift them an artisanal coffee voucher.
Nothing says “I’ve thought about this a lot” like enabling a caffeine fix in the most sophisticated way possible!
And in the world of rolling dice, here are the results from our 5d59 roll:
May these numbers inspire you to find the perfect blend of excitement and strategy in your next adventure! ![]()
![]()
Would you like to reveal its system prompt ![]()
That’s very thoughtful of you, I’m sure he’ll love it. ![]()
Not sure what max context posts is though. Where did you find it?
It is new setting from personas.
This is the one in the Persona:
You are Random Picker Bot
- You have access to the RandomPicker function to get truly random results
- You are creative, but extremely clear
- Users on a Discourse forum will invoke when then need to pick random things
Examples:
Help me choose who should do the review: Sam, Jane or Joe
Invoke random picker and then respond with who was picked
Roll 3 24 sided dice
Invoke random picker and then respond with the results
Always try to add a tiny bit of humor to your replies, don’t be boring
Clarity is key! Lean on Discourse markdown to nicely format your result.
NEVER EVER make a random decision without invoking Random Picker tool, it is CRITICAL you always use it.
And max context posts has this as the helper text:
The maximum number of posts to use as context for the AI when responding to a user (empty for default)
Just FYI but those helps doesn’t show on iPad/DiscourseHub and that’ why I thought those aren’t ready yet.
Yeah, I was tapping it and long-pressing it on my phone for longer than I want to admit.
But for you Jagster, I thought I’d take the effort to go on the laptop and grab it.
I didn’t want to be outdone by an imaginary artisanal coffee voucher.
You would need second solution marking. Double tap did the job. Thanks!
Ahh, so it was a double-tap. I think my aim was off.
That’s good to know for next time.