Mike_Taku
(Mike Taku)
November 9, 2024, 8:51am
17
Robert McIntosh:
you could also get in touch with @DiscourseMetrics.com and @Bas (about Community Analytics)
their tools can give you loads of extra stats so you don’t have to do the work … I’m looking at such tools at the moment myself
Up till now I’ve been doing this just in excel - you can export your user data and run a few queries to monitor this. I gave a value to each post read, to posts (replies) and to new threads, then categorised them accordingly
So far it shows 20% are ‘readers’, 25% are ‘participants’ and 15% are ‘creators’
I’ve found that most analysis tools are under-valuing the role of readers because of a focus just on the activity of posting. There is a big difference between inactive members and active readers!
Good luck!
Hi there, just saw this thread, if you are here can you please tell me what tools can help track community engagement beyond just posting activity, especially for measuring active readers?
Thank You,
Mike Taku.