0.9.9.13 - Moderators cannot see Users Admin page

(Graham P Langley) #1

Hi All,

Recently updated discourse to 0.9.9.13 and now my mods are reporting they cannot access any users ‘admin’ page. I have impersonated them on the forum and can see that it takes them to /admin/users/USERNAME but gives a blank page. I then went to /admin/users, they can see the list of users, but they get a blank page when they try to click on a user.

I (as admin) can continue to do this fine… Has some sort of permission changed?

They may need to clear their cache.

Windows:

CTRL + SHIFT + R

MAC:

CMD + SHIFT + R

See the link below (six paragraphs down is how I do it).

If this doesn’t work you can rebuild your app and see if it shakes out.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/docker-admin-no-longer-working-after-recent-update-cont/15280?source_topic_id=18096

Beyond this there are some bigger brains here that can help, but try these suggestions and see if they help.

(Graham P Langley) #3

Hi @Frank - Thanks for the reply.

Clearing cache was the first thing I had them do with no result.
I have rebuilt the app (which caused an issue with nginx so had to git pull to resolve’) - forum is back up but when I impersonate the mods, I still cannot get to /admin/users/username. They can get to /admin/users and see all the users, but they only see the header when they click on a user. Very strange.

I’ll gladly try anything else anyone suggests - was working fine on 0.9.9.12, now updated to 0.9.9.14

Thanks all

(Jeff Atwood) #4

How old of a version did you update from? We did remove a lot of permissions from moderators months ago.

(Sam Saffron) #5

I suspect this is a new regression, been mentioned a few time over weekend, I think mods used to be allowed to see the page but selectively disallowed from certain actions.

Marking as bug while we investigate.

(Alles ist erlaubt) #6

Moderators are notified about pending user registrations, but cannot actually access the user page (it won’t render because of 404 on /admin/groups.json). So if permissions were altered on purpose, there certainly are a few more places left to change in the code. :wink:

(Sam Saffron) #7

@lightyear this sounds like your regression.

(Sam Saffron) #8

FIXED:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/f9162d6addbbebb551fd67d90efea9b4cfc720ac

(Sam Saffron) #9