Continuing the discussion from "Take Action" button failing to hide self-flagged posts by moderators or admins:
So, staff can flag one another’s posts (and that’s good). But there’s a UX bug. Reproduction steps:
- Staff flag another staff’s post
- flagged poster gets system PM prompting an edit
- poster edits the flagged post
- expectation: post unhidden, PM unlisted, flag cleared
- actual: post remains hidden, PM remains listed, flag uncleared
Reason: the edit happened in less than 10 minutes after the flagging. Whereas (I’m assuming here) a normal user will not be allowed to edit their flagged post until after the 10-minute delay, the staff can always edit.
Suggestion: simply turn off the 10-minute delay for flagged staff posts and let even an immediate edit do all the flag clearing stuff and unhide the post etc.