2026.7.3 (ESR) - Something POST /srv/se regularly, resulting in 404 errors

On a fresh dev container:

  1. open “/logs”
  2. on another tab, visit a few pages, change tabs
  3. “/logs” get filled with ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [POST] "/srv/se")

I tracked down the issue to /frontend/discourse/app/services/human-activity-tracker.js.

1 Like

I’m getting this fairly frequently on my dev instance too (not on ESR). It just logs in the browser console randomly. Weird.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know.

I’ve informed the relevant team about this, though it might take a bit of time for a response here.

1 Like

Thank you for the report!

@kris.kotlarek Fixed this in PERF: Reduce session engagement beacon traffic - Pull Request #42712 - discourse/discourse - GitHub and I’ve just backported the fix to 2026.7

By dev instance, do you mean your development environment? The /srv/se requests should not be happening in the development environment by default unless a particular ENV has been configured.

2 Likes

Hmm… it’s not there now, but I was sure I’d seen it previously.

OP also used:

soo…

You might have seen it before PERF: Reduce session engagement beacon traffic - Pull Request #42712 - discourse/discourse - GitHub was shipped. If you see it again while running the latest version. Let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it was that. I also see Frequent ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH errors in browser console in dev environment but that doesn’t look like it’s been remedied by any of this.