504 Gateway Time-out when I want to delete a user

(hosna) #1

I want to delete an old user. First I deleted all posts. Now when I want to delete them completely, I get 504 Gateway Time-out error.

Maybe these logs are related:

'hijack admin/users destroy' is still running after 90 seconds on db default, this process may need to be restarted!

/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/logster-1.2.11/lib/logster/logger.rb:94:in `add_with_opts'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/logster-1.2.11/lib/logster/logger.rb:51:in `add'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.5.0/logger.rb:545:in `error'
/var/www/discourse/lib/scheduler/defer.rb:92:in `block (2 levels) in do_work'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/message_bus-2.1.6/lib/message_bus/timer_thread.rb:109:in `do_work'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/message_bus-2.1.6/lib/message_bus/timer_thread.rb:37:in `block in initialize'

(Mittineague) #2

I’m a bit confused. You posted

The “completely” is what concerns me. It makes me wonder how you deleted the posts. AFAIK, as long as you delete posts using the various UIs there should be no problems and the relationships between different tables will be maintained. If you deleted the posts with a database query against the table that could be the cause of your problem.

If you did delete posts using a UI, then there might be a bug. How did you delete the posts?

(hosna) #3

Sorry for my bad sentence.

I meant I deleted all posts of that user (cause discourse wont let to delete a user that has some posts), Now I want to delete the user completely. But it gave me 504 gateway timeout.