- I am a user, I want to ignore a specific user’s posts due to X reasons.
- I want choose to ignore the other user’s posts:
a. For a certain topic
b. For a certain period of time
c. For certain category
d. Maybe even just in general – I don’t want to see any of that user’s posts anywhere
- Users who are admin, moderators or with TL as a “member” or more can ignore other users.
- You can not ignore admins or moderators.
- Users who can ignore other users can do it via two places:
From the User’s profile page:
From your own
- When you ignore a User, then the following rules apply to a topic:
If the first post is by an ignored user, then it is hidden:
If there are replies by an ignored user, then it is hidden:
Quotes by an ignored user are also hidden:
If an ignored user is replying at real-time, we won’t show any visual feedback:
- We added a report for Top Ignored Users which also include if the user is muted
The maximum ignore duration will be 4 months, so we added a background job to clear these ignores after 4 months. Moderators will also receive a System message to notify them of their community’s ignored users after the number of ignores pass a certain threshold:
If you ignore a User, we treat the ignored user as a muted user.