About how discourse is being organized

(Caue Rego) #1

Continuing the discussion from Is anyone working on a Discourse Wiki?:

Shouldn’t you keep a core team working on keep pushing discourse forward, and keep another team paid by paying customers working on their requests?

I’m not saying that’s not how it works currently, but I feel that if it was you’d have said just “but we have other priorities based on our roadmap”. Period.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

That’s not a sustainable real world scenario for a sub-10 person team, if any team at all. A few massive projects like WordPress kind of do this, but read up on the relationship between Automattic and the WordPress Foundation and you’ll see it’s never quite as simple as “just have a dedicated open source team”.

Most features that make it onto the Discourse roadmap are useful for the vast majority of Discourse forums at large. Sometimes client work takes more time than what is desirable, but looking at the pace in which Discourse is moving, I’d say the development team has struck a very nice balance. I’ve followed the progress of many forums and I’ve honestly never seen one move this fast.

(Caue Rego) #3

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Let’s keep on praising it.