About trust level?

Hi,

As I said before i’ve import my forum Mybb to Discourse. My all users imported. I’ve problem with users trust levels. My old users is can’t trusted, so they do not have normal member authorizations. How do I set it up for users in mass?

Just to clarify, you currently have all users set to TL0 and you want to change them all to another TL?

My all users (10k) seems in the trust_level_0 and trust_level_1 both No one seems in the trust_level_3. So users cant send more than 5 post in 24 hours (or somethhing like that). I want to fix that problem. :slight_smile:

You could change the settings so that TL0s and TL1s can do the things that you want them to be able to do.
You could also change the thresholds so that they will all be promoted quickly and then revisit your settings.

(cpradio) #5

You could do that, but this is probably a better solution

User.exec_sql("UPDATE users SET trust_level = 2 WHERE trust_level IN (0, 1)")

Where will i use it? In the terminal?

cd /var/discourse
./launcher enter app

and after that command, right?

(cpradio) #7

Close, you need to do a rails c first then you can execute that command.

I’ve execute that command. But nothings change. Here it’s output:

=> #<PG::Result:0x005559100f9150 status=PGRES_COMMAND_OK ntuples=0 nfields=0 cmd_tuples=10010>

(Kane York) #9

Is it possible you’re hitting the “24 hour new user” restrictions? This is the case if the importer failed to fill created_at; if it is, the problem will magically go away tomorrow.

(Jeff Atwood) #10

You probably just need to wait 24 hours – it does sound like your importer is broken, since it did not set the user join dates correctly, so all users are considered new.

@riking @codinghorror Also, users mentioned problem about like limitation. Is that about it? I will wait for 24 hours, then we will see what happens :slight_smile:

Edit: Users registration date is seems normal on the profiles.