Account Confirmation Emails not sending

(Sami Syed) #1

I have been getting numerous complaints from users not receiving their account activation emails???

How do I fix this?

Currently I have been just manually going in and clicking activate account from my admin. And then telling the users they can now access their account without having to worry about the confirmation email.

Is there any way i can sort users by if they activated their account? Just so i can see how many people did not receive the email??

(Bhanu Sharma) #2

What email provider are you using?
Are your mails going in spam or they’re being rejected?

(Sami Syed) #3

I am using mailgun.

And the mails just never get delivered. The user never recieves them. even though discourse says it emailed them

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

You should check your mailgun logs. A number of providers (like Hotmail) have started just refusing to accept mail rather than send it to spam.

And if you’re getting refused, you need to open a ticket with them and they’ll move you to another ip.

(Sami Syed) #5

On mailgun logs it says they were sent

Open a ticket with mailgun?

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

If mailgun says they were delivered then you can try a test with Mail-tester.org and see if that sheds any light.

(Sami Syed) #7

The thing is it gets sent most of the time. But randomly, it never gets sent to some users.

For example:
Hotmail and gmail accepts emails from a bunch of users. And then randomly I get a complaint from a gmail user not receiving the email, even after checking spam and all other folders.

(Matt Palmer) #8

If the message is being delivered to the recipient’s mail provider, then the problem isn’t at your end. The recipient needs to raise the matter with their mail provider, because they’re not getting the service they expect.