ActionView Template Error

(Shane O'Donnell) #1

hi lads - sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section. We’re loving our new(ish) Discourse forum.

the site has been unavailable intermittently for the last 24 hours or so. Digital ocean said that “spikes of traffic on the hypervisor hosting your droplet that seem to correlate with your description. However, there’s no guarantee that this is related.”

Checked the discourse logs and getting a bunch of errors like the following:

ActionView::Template::Error (undefined local variable or method `body_classes' for #<#<Class:0x007f372d224898>:0x007f372c721ae0>)
/var/www/discourse/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb:44:in `_app_views_layouts_application_html_erb__4609051231016884078_69937473377260'

Any ideas what those errors might be and (hopefully) any idea how to fix? The last upgrade failed the last time i tried it, so running 1.6.0.beta11

Thanks,

Shane

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

Are you running some custom plugins?

Do you have how much memory and swap?

(Shane O'Donnell) #3

no custom plugins running. How much memory on the hosting? it’s standard Digital Ocean, not sure what that is? (thanks for answering!)

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

DId you use the standard one click install from DO?

So maybe try to add some swap:

(Shane O'Donnell) #5

Thanks @Falco I’ll give that a try, heading away for the weekend shortly but will let you know how that worke don monday. :+1:

(Shane O'Donnell) #6

Forgot to answer your first question, the boss man here installed the site for me.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #7

So you probably already swap :thinking:

We need more info…

(Jeff Atwood) #8

I would SSH in and:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

(Shane O'Donnell) #9

Thanks Jeff, I’ll give that a try when I get home.

(Shane O'Donnell) #10

That seems to have done the trick - thanks @codinghorror :ok_hand: