Actual location of site logos (eg. /images/d-logo-sketch.png)

(Rich) #1

Hi all, sorry if this is a n00b question but I’ve tried a few searches and not found anything.

I’ve successfully installed Discourse via Docker on my new Ubuntu server and it appears to be working well. I’m now trying to finalise the installation by updating the banner / logos on the admin panel.

On the admin dashboard, I see the warning:

You haven’t customized the logo images for your site. Update logo_url, logo_small_url, and favicon_url in the Site Settings.

And in those settings I see the current ‘logo url’ is set to: /images/d-logo-sketch.png

But for the life of me, I can’t find this actual file on my system - or indeed any /images/ folder that seems to work.

I tried doing this to locate it:

find / -name “d-logo-sketch.png”

Which returned a couple of results:

/discourse/discourse/public/images/d-logo-sketch.png

/root/discourse/discourse/public/images/d-logo-sketch.png

But when I add a new image to those folders, I get a 404 when browsing to https:/mysite.com/images/MYNEWIMAGE.png

Which tells me I’ve not added it to the correct /images/ folder.

In with my other find results are also some paths like this:

/var/lib/docker/aufs/diff/46613b9e5bf39a8c55c2e15b4e3ff9e77ea800611f7220bc9b0bf5a2c5405f43/var/www/discourse/public/images/d-logo-sketch.png

/var/lib/docker/aufs/diff/5afde8a95302d7b8bcda943e8be65c8cc502b7ef6273c04afcb5d7a1fc62d94d/var/www/discourse/public/images/d-logo-sketch.png

But I guess they’re not right either.

Can anyone tell me where I could expect to find my /images/ folder so I can add a new logo to it? (or perhaps how I can find the actual folder)

Thanks!

(Marco) #2

Aha! You didn’t read this:
yoursite/read-me-first-admin-quick-start-guide/10

:wink:

(Mittineague) #3

I didn’t read that either (in my defense I did give it a quick scan).
I see logos in discourse/app/assets/images/

(Michael Downey) #4

This has been reported several times. Perhaps the descriptive text for the site setting should be updated to clarify?

(Marco) #5

Definitely. You see paths in the textboxes but then your images should be uploaded in a special topic! It’s confusing.

(Rich) #6

Thanks for the fast replies everyone!

I didn’t #RTFM :frowning:

(Jeff Atwood) #7