Add a unique body class for PMs?

(Michael Downey) #1

So as it stands right now, each category’s topic pages and indexes have a unique class with the category name. This allows us to do subtle background images/colors based on the category.

Would it be possible to add a similar body class for PM’s generally? Having the ability to add some unique styling there would make it easily obvious to people they’re dealing with PM’s and not a regular public topic.

(Jens) #2

There’s the concept of archetypes. I guess it’s possible, and it’s a good idea. People will mix up private and public things if they look exactly the same.

(Michael Downey) #3

Like a good user researcher, I was sitting and observing a new user of our Discourse system who was quickly brought into a multi-person PM thread, as well as catching up on notifications in regular topics. The user was definitely confused by the similar look & feel (which other than the envelope icon at top is almost identical). So some subtle color via CSS would be a good benefit.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Can we add a CSS class here @zogstrip? Can you add this to your list.

(Régis Hanol) #5

Thanks for suggesting that feature @downey. I just added it :octopus:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/cb14ab7a14b08310bb87120f02ec0419efedef72

(Régis Hanol) #6