Add banner to site header

(German Viscuso) #1

Hi guys.

Can you point me in the right direction on how to add a banner to the site’s main page header as I show in the picture?

Thanks a lot!

(Sam Saffron) #2

You would have to override the handlebars template. @zogstrip had a post talking about it in the extensibility category.

(Steve Barnes) #3

Hi @sam, I would like to include an advert at the top like this. I cannot find the post by @zogstrip that you refer to. Also I’m wondering if there’s a way of doing this without overriding now as this post is quite old. Any advice on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

(Régis Hanol) #4

Have a look at the available customization available in the Admin > Customize section :wink:

(Steve Barnes) #5

Yeah, we had a look in there. My technical people are familiar with modifying CSS/HTML etc, but the only option is to add new. I imagine we’re using the default setup. I’d hoped to see a default CSS/HTML file in there that we could customize, but all we can do is add new. We’re fine to add a new one but need to base it off something as a starting point.

Thanks,
Steve

(Zack) #6

@codinghorror shared this earlier - it disappears as you scroll the page, but may work in the interim for you.

If you want to see it live, I’ve thrown it up on my forums just to get it up there while I work on writing all the pages over again.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

With ads you are going to have different problems, e.g. we are a single page JavaScript application and the ad will never “reload” like it would on a typical HTML website.

I suggest using the Google Ad plugin that’s out there instead.

(Steve Barnes) #8

OK thanks very much for the help!