Add core plugins to Transifex

(Gerhard Schlager) #1

Please add all core plugins (currently only emoji is missing) to Transifex for easier translation.
And since Docker Manager is part of the Discourse, it would be great if you could add it too.

cc @techAPJ

I know that this is related to the following topic, but using Transifex (and you automatically updating the translation files) would be a lot easier for translators than creating pull requests.

Missing key in transiflex
Missing translation key 'composer.emoji'
Organise Transifex translation files into categories
(Gerhard Schlager) #2

Any chance those files could be added to Transifex for easier translation anytime soon?

I had to create two pull requests to add the German translation for emoji and docker_manager. And it looks like not many translators have done the same yet.

(Arpit Jalan) #3

I just added the emoji files for translation on Transifex.

Sorry for the delay.

Edit: @neil should we add “docker_manager” translation file to Transifex too?

(Neil Lalonde) #4

Yes, it would be great to have that translated too.

(Arpit Jalan) #5

Okay, “Docker Manager” translation file is on Transifex now: Log in · Transifex

Missing keys in transifex
(Erick Guan) #6

(Gerhard Schlager) #7

I guess the translation files for the emoji plugin can be removed since it is now part of Discourse.
But, adding the tagging plugin would be nice. :wink:

@techAPJ Do you also update the translation files for plugins whenever you update them for Discourse?

(Arpit Jalan) #8

Done.

We can do that, but I think keeping the source file always updated would be tricky. Since it’s not a core plugin and resides in a separate repo, it will not be auto updated. Also, it will not be auto fetched in weekly translation updates.

Yes, translation files for core plugins are updated in weekly updates.

(Gerhard Schlager) #9

That’s what I thought. So, translating the docker_manager in Transifex is currently also quite pointless, isn’t it?
Well, maybe you can automate the pull/push of translations for the official plugins in the future…

(Arpit Jalan) #10

Well, the source translation file in docker_manager is rarely updated and contains just two keys. So manual update is possible once or twice a month. Can’t say the same about discourse-tagging plugin.

I will definitely give it a shot.