Adding a new locale

(Glamdring) #1

I want to add a new locale, that is not in the default distribution. The locale files are mostly translated (but not reviewed) in Transifex, but that’s fine. I added the files, as described here (How to add a new language),
But the locale doesn’t appear on the list of locales in Basic Settings -> default locale, even after I did ./launcher rebuild app

What should I do to get the locale listed and usable?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Any tips here @techapj?

(Arpit Jalan) #3

Which language are you talking about? Did you send a PR to add the language files?

(Neil Lalonde) #4

I’m pretty sure that will wipe out your changes. Do a restart instead of rebuild.

(Glamdring) #5

No, I didn’t send a PR. I want to add it to a running installation, and it is not a 100% complete and reviewed translation.

(Arpit Jalan) #6

Okay, in that case add the language files again and do what @neil said:

./launcher restart app

If the translations are working fine on your instance then I would recommend sending a PR for the same.

(Glamdring) #7

Ok, thanks.

It didn’t work the first time, I don’t know why, so I searched around and someone has (obviously incorrectly) suggested to rebuild. Now I redid all the steps, and it worked, except that I got a blank screen, which got resolved by Restart docker instance and rebuild translation cache

I prefer to go through the Transifex page and review/complete the translations of my language before doing a PR, though.