How can I reference resources for code for a custom header on Discouse? I would like to add a menu above the existing top bar. Can I upload CSS, JS, HTML somehow? Also, do I upload the HTML in the head or /header section?
There’s plenty of guides on this:
Thank you! I will read the article and let you know if I have any questions.
Where do I upload the css, stylesheets, etc?
Admin > Customize > Themes
Do I go into an existing theme?
You can, or you can create a new one and treat it as a component, then add that component to an existing theme.
How do I do that? Can you walk me through it or is there an article on Meta?
I’m not sure what you are struggling with.
- Visit Admin > Customize > Themes
- Click New
- Click Pencil Icon to give it a name
- Click Edit CSS/HTML (enter what you need)
- Click on the active theme (the one with the asterisk)
- There is likely a drop down of components you can add, find your newly added one and click the Add button
- If there isn’t, check the box permiting the theme to have child themes.
So, I just add the content in the new theme and add it as a child theme? Where do I add the CSS and what section does JS go?