Adding some more info to the "your topic is similar to" popup

(Johnny) #1

Searched for this, people talk about removing the popup completely or different bugs, but couldn’t find an answer to this:

Is there any way to add some more information to the “your topic is simmilar to” popup?

My Idea is to add 2-3 lines of text urging people to use the search function before creating another topic as many seem to prefer to just post a new topic instead of searching to see if it already exists. Maybe some extra text there, in red or something would deter some of them from doing this :smiley:

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

See https://mpsocial.com/admin/customize/site_texts and search for “similar”.

(Johnny) #3

Looked for it on that page but it’s not there, there are customisations only for the welcome email, login required, new topic and new reply for new users, here :

(Jeff Atwood) #4

You must type the search word in the box, in your screenshot.

(Johnny) #5

Haha, i though those 4 were all there was so I didn’t think to type anything in the box because it wasn’t hard to search by just looking :smiley: Live and learn, live and learn…

Thanks @codinghorror

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

And you can search settings too. It searches both the names of the variables and the stuff that’s in them. You can usually guess what to type to find what you’re looking for.