Admin UI for translations

(Ilya Kuchaev) #1

Is there any problem to create the Admin UI for translations updates. Or integrate it to Discourse Upgrade?

(Régis Hanol) #2

I’m not sure I understand what you mean… Can you rephrase?

(Ilya Kuchaev) #3

Sure. As for now the translation files are updated weekly. I want to have a possibility to do it daily. And from the Discourse UI.

(Dave McClure) #4

Maybe for starters @techAPJ could pull in translations more regularly (or could it be further automated?)

Doing something in the UI, would require the branching issue to be confronted. I can see why that’d have additional value but it does complicate things.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Translations are pulled in every week as part of the beta releases. If that is not fast enough, well… shrug

(Kane York) #6

Actually, it would only need the restart issue to be solved. (How do you make sure that your updated translations get into Sidekiq? Restart everything.)

The docker upgrader has code to restart, but not everyone is using the updater – including, notably, the hosted customers at discourse.org and discoursehosting.com.

(Dave McClure) #7

Sorry, I kind of conflated the two issues.

My point was that if you still doing the translating in transifex, then it isn’t necessarily straightforward to get the latest translations that are based on the keys in master, which may have diverged, if you are tracking stable.

If on the other hand everything was exposed in the UI to be overridden, rather than using transifex, it’s not an issue.