After sign-in, I'm not redirected to the conversation

(Nathan Long) #1

I’m part of a Discourse forum that requires login. I get emails with a summary of recent topics.

Sometimes I click to open several of those in new tabs, but each tab says “you must sign in.” After I do, each tab goes to the home screen, not the discussion I was trying to reach. So I have to close them, go back to the email, and find what I was interested in again.

I think that if I’m redirected from a conversation to the login page, once logged in, I should be sent on to the page I originally requested.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Yes, this is a known limitation. @neil had it on his list for a long time but I don’t know if we have time to do it before V1.

(Nathan Long) #3

Ok, no problem. Just wanted to be sure that it’s on your radar. :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I do think we should get to this soon. @eviltrout can you add it to your list for next week?

(cpradio) #5

Any update on this? :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

This actually already worked for sites where some of the categories are private like you @cpradio.

However, it did not work on sites that required login to view anything – however, with @techapj’s latest changes, now it does! I just verified. So we should be all good here if you are on latest.

(Anthony) #7

Do you know if it works for single sign on as well? It doesn’t look like it does to me. I am also not sure about oauth.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

@techapj fixed this for 1.2.

(Jeff Atwood) #9