After signup on mobile, no message to check mail

(Justin Gordon) #1

I was showing a friend how to sign up for TalkSurf.com on his iPhone. He used a name, email, and password. Afterwards, he was not signed in and there was no mention that he had to confirm his email. He suggested we should display an alert.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I can’t really repro this, though I do see a few things we could improve here. All screenshots are via iPhone 5 emulation in Chrome:

@neil one thing that jumps out at me immediately is the bad (overflow width) “welcome to talksurf!” confirm new account page there. We definitely need to fix that for mobile, can you add it to your list?

We could also add a bit of padding to the

You’re almost done! We sent an activation mail to name@example.com. Please follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.

dialog so that it works a bit better on mobile. I’ll see if I can take either one of these, actually, since they’re probably both CSS.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

OK I modified the mobile CSS to better match the desktop CSS for the bootbox modal, and I fixed the #simple-container style to have a proper mobile percentage width.