"Akismet has temporarily hidden your post" -- cannot approve post as site admin?

(Joshua Granick) #1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. Users are receiving “Akismet has temporarily hidden your post” private messages from me (as the site admin), but I have no way of seeing or approving the posts they made.

Akismet is installed, but http://community.openfl.org/admin/plugins/akismet says “The page you requested doesn’t exist or is private.”

What do I do? Thanks!

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Are you logged in as admin?

(Joshua Granick) #3

Sorry for the delay. Yep, sure am :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

And you are on latest, and the Akismet plugin is on latest?

I can’t think of any reason this would happen and we haven’t seen it on any of the sites we host or operate.

(Joshua Granick) #5

I think this may have been caused by a plugin.

I just removed “openfl-emoji” and “discourse-plugin-replygif”. I’m quite sure that the emoji plugin was not the problem (but now that Discourse official supports custom emoji, we benefit by using that system) but I saw on another page that “replygif” was causing a JavaScript error on the latest release of Discourse. Perhaps Akismet uses JavaScript and this same error was occurring, preventing the Akismet link from appearing?

Anyway, just got a bunch of backlog Akismet content to mark as not spam, now, so I’m glad it’s working :slight_smile:

(cpradio) #6

Which replygif were you using? As I rewrote that plugin and it works fine with latest.