"All outgoing email has been globally disabled" showing, but emails are being sent

I’ve got a situation where forum members were getting emails (digest, user_posted, user_private_message) for the last few months despite the forum showing the following in the UI.

All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.

I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that disable emails in the UI said yes.

Here are the relevant staff actions:

It looks like between April 29th when the setting was false (send emails) and today when I changed the setting, the setting was somehow set to yes (don’t send emails), but emails were being sent.

It looks like there was a code change made to the disable email setting where it’s now yes/no/non-staff. Maybe something broke with the migration where the UI was out of sync with the actual setting?

2 Likes

Possibly, I recommend toggling the setting and that should address it in your specific case?

1 Like

I did that and it seems to work now, but I am in the middle of an mbox migration and I spammed a ton of people.

In those situations there’s no harm in being doubly sure by changing one character of an email password and checking your queue before reverting it.

4 Likes