Allow commenting / Posting new subjects without an account

(Quenten) #1

Hi, all.
I’m trying to grow my community by sending push notifications from my app to redirect users to the annexed discourse community.

I got very good traffic from the push notification, but the conversion rate is near 0%. I thought that maybe people are not engaging with the topics because they have to sign up first.

Can we allow posting / commenting without accounts, then disable it when the community becomes a bit more active? This could be an easy engaging hack.

I don’t know what you guys think.

Thank you.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

You can search, there are a few topics on this, but no such feature exists in Discourse, nor is such a feature planned.

(Quenten) #3

Hi, Jeff.
Any idea about the keywords I should use for the search? I tried some before posting, but couldn’t find anything relatable.

(Steve Combs) #4

Try searching for anonymous posting

(Quenten) #5

I think Anonymous posting still requires an account.

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

If they are your users and they have accounts in whatever it is they’re using, you could use SSO. They already have accounts, right?

(Quenten) #7

Implementing SSO is far from being achievable in the short term.

• They don’t necessarily have an account on the first platform. You know once they install the app you can reach them with push notifications.

(Jay Pfaffman) #8

Oh, well. SSO is probably easier than allowing random people post without an account. Google auth could reduce the hassle of creating an account.