Any way to automatically hide topics?

(Mack Nelson) #1

I’m looking to have a single category in which users can submit topics that are then automatically hidden to everyone besides themselves and staff. Any ideas on how I can make this possible? Thanks :slight_smile:

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

Having a write-only category has come up a few times. (Here is one).

There’s no easy way to make some topics visible and others not, but if there were a write-only category you could then move topics to another category that had read permissions when they were approved (or whatever the use case was).

(Tobias Eigen) #3

This is already possible - just use a message to yourself. When you’re ready to post it, copy/paste and done. Or if that’s too much effort ask an admin to make the message into a public topic.

(Mack Nelson) #4

No, I was looking to allow users to submit “applications” via threads that were then automatically hidden for staff review

Hmm. I will find a way around it. Are there any “form” plugins for Discourse? :confused:

(Tobias Eigen) #5

you mean topic templates?

back to messages: you can also start messages using a URL which might suit you… the URL could contain the required information.

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

How about a personal message to @staff?

(Mack Nelson) #7

Yeah, this could work. I think that’s how we’ll do things till I find time to create a custom form on our static site.