My discourse instance is hosted at DigitalOcean on a droplet with 60GB SSD.
Out of 60 GB, 34 GB is already consumed, so free space left is 25GB.
My backup settings
- Keeps just latest 1 backup
- And sends the same to Amazon S3
What is the exact issue I’m facing
- Backup starts.
- It creates the archive. The archive size = 14 GB. Free space left = 11GB.
- It then starts to do create a gzip of the archive.
(once gzip is successfully done, the archive will be deleted, and only the gzipped version will stay)
- Unfortunately, the gzip process fails, because of low free space.
- Because of this the backup is NOT sent to Amazon S3.
I have 2 questions
- Is it possible to disable gzip of backup?
- If gzip of backup fails - can it be made to send the archive to Amazon S3? That way, at least something is being sent to the cloud.