Apple Rejects the Discourse As App

(Emre Demir) #1

Hi,

i made an app, opening discourse url on a webview as a result, i show the discourse sites url an app, but apple rejects the app because of the this problems.

Please revise your app to implement all of the following precautions:

• Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content.
  • A method for filtering objectionable content.
  • A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content.
  • The ability to block abusive users from the service.
  • The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content.

can you give me some tricks to exceed theese problems

(Mittineague) #2

I’m not so sure that asking for support here is appropriate if you are asking for help writing an app.

But I guess if any help at all is to be possible, the place to start would be posting a link to the GitHub repo so others can study the existing code,

(Emre Demir) #3

i don’t want to support to developing an app, i developed and sent it to the app store, but apple rejects it because of the problems i have sent. for example they want an agree to terms button while signing up the discourse for users

(Shri) #4

We’ve used tapatalk in the past and there were some issues with apple, but never any outright rejections.

None of those problems you outlined are programmatic issues, they’re workflow issues.

1. When the user signs up, there is no link in the modal for terms & conditions/ privacy policy / contact support. I feel these should be there. This will help with point 1.
  2. Rest can be given by giving them a demo admin account and a demo user account.
  3. Make sure your forums are CLEAN lots of forums are not well moderated enough and apple catches that. Also perhaps submit the app at a higher age level.
  4. In the submission notes, tell them what you do to protect the forums - moderation etc. But that does not work if your forums are not visibly clean. :slight_smile:

(Emre Demir) #5

Thanks Shri,

i submit the app with age 12+ is it enough?

(Shri) #6

The ToS link is on my list of things to look at. Might be a simple template edit which says “By clicking on the ‘Create New Account’ you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policies. Contact Us if you need help.”

I select the age with a simple view, “Do I want my x year old son / daughter running loose on this forum?” :slight_smile:

Even the most well run forum about guns for example might not be suitable for 12 year olds, on the other hand a grown up forum about finance / stocks might be.