[ARCHIVE] Topic List Previews

(Evgeny) #954

Judging by your screenshot, you have a very wide right column. You can use css to reduce its width, or to narrow the main column with the text.

If, there was, the address of the site, then it would be possible to say more precisely.

(Le Chi Cong) #955

Thanks for your quick help. My project is here webthuthuat.com

(James Kiesel) #956

I was able to fix with the following custom css:

.topic-list td.main-link { display: flex; }

(Le Chi Cong) #957

I tried to Edit CSS/HTML Common file as you instructed but still not, did I do it properly?

(James Kiesel) #958

Sorry, my selector wasn’t quite specific enough. You can try one of the following:

.topic-list td.main-link { display: flex !important; }
#list-area.social-style .contents .main-link { display: flex; }

(Le Chi Cong) #959

Great! Thanks @gdpelican very much. For me, this is a very important help.

(Angus McLeod) #961

Thanks @gdpelican and @Stranik.

I’m also happy to report that @nothing’s problem is also resolved.

If anyone has an issue with thumbnails not appearing, try

1. Rebuilding the html of one affected post. If that works, rebake all posts.

2. If 1 doesn’t work, set both topic list previewable image width min and topic list previewable image height min to 0, then repeat step 1.

That’s not currently possible. What’s the use case you have in mind?

(Ankit Mehra) #962

Hi @angus
Is it possible to extend the topic list action section to include share and flag options. The share can help in popularizing certain posts across different platforms quicker. (I am thinking more of tying it up with the events / agenda planner for a quick share across peer groups)

(David Kingham) #963

Would it be possible to have the previews on the users activity list? For example this page Profile - davidkingham - Nature Photographers Network

(Hakan) #965

I new error MR @angus .
My remote images setting on.

(Keith) #966

Hey guys! I’ve been using this plugin for quite a while now, with various degrees of success - from time to time, I can almost watch the thumbnails of my topics disappear and become defaults. Loading the community now has a majority of the thumbnails broken.

To fix them, I simply need to admin/edit the post, wait for the thumbnail to regenerate, and press save.

• Is there a batch way to regenerate the thumbnails (I’m pretty certain there is, but can’t find it).

• Can anyone suggest next steps to attempt to figure out why these thumbnails are breaking?

Thanks!

(Keith) #967

I also just noticed that if I hit the “toggle bulk select of topics” tab, all of the default thumbnails show up as broken links:

(Angus McLeod) #968

@keith1 @Ankit_Mehra @nothing @davidkingham @bartv Hey guys, this week’s been very busy, so I haven’t had much time for Discourse stuff. I will look at your issues this weekend.

(Angus McLeod) #969

@nothing How is your image hosting set up? What s3 configuration are you using?

@keith1

Yup: Rebake all posts?

Do you have clean up uploads enabled?

I can’t repro this one, e.g. (from here).

What does the web console error look like?

Both are possible, but I don’t have the bandwidth to do either at the moment. They’re relatively contained jobs, for which you could hire someone for in the #marketplace.

(Hakan) #970

I on remote images setting.
But it does not appear immediately. You can look at entering my the site.

(Angus McLeod) #971

@nothing I need to know your actual settings. Are you using s3?

(Hakan) #972

I not use s3. I use Only default upload setting

(Hakan) #973

The user adds 2 news items in the same second, the news can be added to the site with the API. This means that “remote images download” does not work because the content has been added at the same time.

(Angus McLeod) #974

Why are you adding two topics at once? And how do you know it is preventing the remote images download feature from working?

(Hakan) #975

Not at the same time, I added my RSS feed to the site create topic with the API. And the cronjobs are working in half an hour. At the end of half an hour, can I add 2 content to my site, maybe this is the problem? Is there a limit of remote images in seconds or minutes?