[ARCHIVE] Topic List Previews

(Hakan) #996

Did you look at my problem, buddy? Is there no way to show the image on different servers in thumb by uploading it to our own server?

(Angus McLeod) #997

@nothing I tried testing what I think is your setup this morning, i.e. posting multiple topics via the api and using a CDN. Topic list previews works fine in this scenario. You must be doing something else.

I’m sorry, I can’t help you. You’re going to have to hire somebody.

(Hakan) #998

I english maybe bad. Does it work with CDN?

(Angus McLeod) #999

Yes it does. Please read my previous responses.

(Hakan) #1000

I’m not using CDN for now. There are new errors, remote images on, but does not create a thumb.

`/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/activerecord-5.2.0/lib/active_record/persistence.rb:469:in `update_columns' /var/www/discourse/app/models/upload.rb:94:in `rescue in fix_image_extension' /var/www/discourse/app/models/upload.rb:78:in `fix_image_extension' /var/www/discourse/app/models/upload.rb:59:in `get_optimized_image' /var/www/discourse/app/models/upload.rb:51:in `create_thumbnail!' /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/topic_list_previews_helper.rb:54:in `thumbnail_url' /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/topic_list_previews_helper.rb:46:in `create_thumbnails' /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/topic_list_previews_helper.rb:12:in `create_topic_thumbnails' /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/cooked_post_processor_edits.rb:76:in `update_post_image' /var/www/discourse/lib/cooked_post_processor.rb:39:in `block in post_process' /var/www/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:21:in `synchronize' /var/www/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:5:in `synchronize' /var/www/discourse/lib/cooked_post_processor.rb:33:in `post_process' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/regular/process_post.rb:24:in `execute' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:137:in `block (2 levels) in perform' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/rails_multisite-2.0.4/lib/rails_multisite/connection_management.rb:63:in `with_connection' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:127:in `block in perform' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:123:in `each' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:123:in `perform' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:187:in `execute_job' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:169:in `block (2 levels) in process' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:128:in `block in invoke' /var/www/discourse/lib/sidekiq/pausable.rb:81:in `call' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:130:in `block in invoke' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:133:in `invoke' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:168:in `block in process' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:139:in `block (6 levels) in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:98:in `local' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:138:in `block (5 levels) in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq.rb:36:in `block in <module:Sidekiq>' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:134:in `block (4 levels) in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:199:in `stats' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:129:in `block (3 levels) in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_logger.rb:8:in `call' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:128:in `block (2 levels) in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:73:in `global' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:127:in `block in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:48:in `with_context' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:42:in `with_job_hash_context' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:126:in `dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:167:in `process' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:85:in `process_one' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:73:in `run' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:16:in `watchdog' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:25:in `block in safe_thread'`

(Angus McLeod) #1001

@nothing I can’t help you. You’ll have to hire somebody (else).

(Hakan) #1002

This is not my problem. The problem of the plugin.

My setting standart.

(Angus McLeod) #1003

Perhaps, or perhaps not. Regardless, you’ve taken up too much of my (free) time already. There are other people who need help. I’m sorry, but that’s my final answer.

If someone else experiences the same issue, then I will look at it again.

The way I look at this is, its an optional plugin. If its the plugin causing problems in a setup, one can choose not to use it. Its not mandatory. The author is under no obligation to add features, debug, or maintain the plugin.

Look, Angus, I don’t know how many hours you have put into this plugin, but you have generously shared the plugin with all of us plus much more. And for that, I want to thank you for your effort.

(Angus McLeod) #1005

Thanks. To be clear, the plugin works fine on a normal Discourse setup. See Topic List Previews - Angus' Sandbox. I will be continuing to support all normal use cases, as before.

(Keith) #1006

Sadly, I’m still losing thumbnails - I haven’t dug in to test further, but both of the missing thumbnails below are from youtube links. I’m unfortunately about to take off to the airport, but i’ll try investigating further on my test site as soon as I have time.

(Angus McLeod) #1007

hm both of those topics are now showing thumbnails. Did you rebake? Are there any errors in /logs. When you get the chance, let’s get to the bottom of this.

(Keith) #1008

Ah, sorry, yes. I disabled The clean up uploads function and rebaked temporarily. I also spun up a non-public clone of the server for us to experiment with. I’ll be back in town on Monday and will investigate asap.

(Hakan) #1009

New error errors today. Are there any other problems like me? Because if angus is having problems other than me, it won’t help.

(Jay Pfaffman) #1010

Here’s the error I was getting today.

Started GET "/tags/featured.json" for 184.70.24.166 at 2018-09-25 21:42:02 +0000
Processing by TagsController#show as JSON
  Parameters: {"tag_id"=>"featured"}
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 7ms (ActiveRecord: 2.3ms)
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid (PG::SyntaxError: ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")"
LINE 3:         AND tag_id IN ())

I think that should be enough to show what’s wrong, but if not, I can send @angus the whole query.

(Angus McLeod) #1011

@pfaffman This will probably fix it. By-the-by, what topic list previews site settings (particularly featured images settings) are you using on that instance?

(Keith) #1012

@angus apologies for the delay - @pfaffman’s errors are actually on my behalf (he’s helping me tremendously with a few other things, and we caught that one together). Once we’re all sorted on our side again, I’ll return to debugging the disappearing thumbnails.

[Post Edit]: Your fix for @pfaffman’s errors appears to have worked! We’re back in action!

In the meantime, here are the settings you asked for:

(Angus McLeod) #1013

Ah I see. Ok. Useful. That helps me see the underlying issue. Thanks.

Let me know how you two go with the issue of disappearing thumbnails.

cc @pfaffman

(Hakan) #1014

My problem is still in progress, remote images are not uploaded to my site, I think it conflicts with the plugin.

(Hakan) #1015

Today new error logs.

Logs

/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/topic_list_previews_helper.rb:13:in create_topic_thumbnails' /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-topic-previews/lib/cooked_post_processor_edits.rb:76:inupdate_post_image’ /var/www/discourse/lib/cooked_post_processor.rb:39:in block in post_process' /var/www/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:34:insynchronize’ /var/www/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:5:in synchronize' /var/www/discourse/lib/cooked_post_processor.rb:33:inpost_process’ /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/regular/process_post.rb:24:in execute' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:137:inblock (2 levels) in perform’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/rails_multisite-2.0.4/lib/rails_multisite/connection_management.rb:63:in with_connection' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:127:inblock in perform’ /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:123:in each' /var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:123:inperform’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:187:in execute_job' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:169:inblock (2 levels) in process’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:128:in block in invoke' /var/www/discourse/lib/sidekiq/pausable.rb:81:incall’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:130:in block in invoke' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:133:ininvoke’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:168:in block in process' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:139:inblock (6 levels) in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:98:in local' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:138:inblock (5 levels) in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq.rb:36:in block in <module:Sidekiq>' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:134:inblock (4 levels) in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:199:in stats' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:129:inblock (3 levels) in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_logger.rb:8:in call' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:128:inblock (2 levels) in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:73:in global' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:127:inblock in dispatch’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:48:in with_context' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:42:inwith_job_hash_context’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:126:in dispatch' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:167:inprocess’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:85:in process_one' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:73:inrun’ /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:16:in watchdog' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/sidekiq-5.1.3/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:25:inblock in safe_thread’`