Are flags turned off on meta.discourse.org?

(Jeremy Quinn) #1

I’m trying to learn more about how the flagging system works, but I don’t see any flags here. I’m assuming they are turned off and I’m not blind…?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

New users do not have the flag privilege, you’d need to be trust level 1. This is true on all Discourse instances.

(Jeremy Quinn) #4

Oh cool. Makes sense. I’m just looking for a demo of it in action. I have a couple Xenforo boards I’m thinking about converting over. The flagging system is a big reason why, but I need to try it out first! Any YouTube videos and or demos available?

(Sam Saffron) #5

I am pretty sure http://try.discourse.org you get tl1 by default. alternatively read a bit here and you will get tl1

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #7

This topic might help as well (though the image is outdated, the options are the same, but have been reformatted a bit…

(Jeremy Quinn) #8

Just tried it out over on try.discourse.org…man, this software is SO SLICK! You should totally charge for this! Hopefully you guys are making enough off the hosting model.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #10

[quote=“jomaxro, post:7, topic:37300”]
This topic might help as well (though the image is outdated
[/quote]Thanks for the heads up, I’ll update it now. Feel free to poke me about such updates in the topic, or better yet, provide an up to date screenshot (I just wiki’d it).

p.s. it’s not technically outdated yet, since v1.4 is still technically the Stable release :badpokerface: