Associate accounts?

(Lisa Wess) #1

I see in the Admin area for a user that they can have an associated account. Can someone clarify was exactly that means?

We have a few requests to “merge” accounts and I’m wondering if there is a way to manually associate accounts since I didn’t find a ‘merge users’ option.

Neither are mass content posters, so I can manually update their posts by changing authorship, etc, etc. But they’d like to keep other activity (bookmarks, stars, hearts, etc.)

I saw the feature request about merging users but I wasn’t able to find much on associating accounts.

Thank you!

(cpradio) #2

Associated Accounts refer to when a user elects to login using Facebook, Google, GitHub, or Twitter authentication.

(Lisa Wess) #3

Thank you!

Aha, then a feature request: a way, within the admin area, to associate multiple
accounts under one umbrella. :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #5

The terminology is awful here, changing it to associated logins.

edit: this is checked in. I changed it to just “Logins” so it’s clearer.

(Ionuț Staicu) #6

Hey guys. Sorry for waking a dead thread, but I’m curious on how this should work?

I mean, let’s say i’m logged in with a regular account and I want to add a Facebook auth to my account (or logged in with Facebook and I want to add a LinkedIn auth or whatever). Is this possible?

LinkedIn OAuth2 Plugin
(system) #8

(Jeff Atwood) #9

@david added some better UI for managing associated accounts in 2.1, check your user preferences.