📁 Attachment icon for topics with attachments?

I just realized that my users can’t tell which posts might have cool sample files to download.

what are some ways I could mark a topic with this icon? (the download one)

thanks!

3 Likes

I was hoping we could use an emoji like :file_folder: in the topic title, but that doesn’t seem to be possible

any other tricks out there to an Attachment icon?

I like that idea of knowing if there are attachment available :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gerhard showed me the trick of finding an acceptable unicode character like ▼ which could be copied and pasted into the subject.

it’s not as good as Emoji support in the Subject line, but it’s better than nothing.

You didn’t link to the “trick”

Let me guess, FontAwesome?

1 Like

U+047E “cyrillic capital letter ot” Ѿ would make a great glyph for “NSFW” topics… :grin:

Unicode has granted us a whole new category of emoticons:

How about this for new feature announcements: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Finally getting that old, obscure bug fixed: ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
Discussing a new controversial feature spec: ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O’RLY?

3 Likes

no link needed… just find an acceptable unicode character and copy & paste it into the subject line.

I’d wanted to use this folder :file_folder:, but it wouldn’t show in the subject line on Chrome on my mac (only safari). It does show for me here in the body… but troubleshooting that is secondary to getting the emojione working in the subject line IMO.

2 Likes

Fixed in [Any technical or philosophical reason no emoji in titles :question: !

Thank you Team Discourse!

4 Likes

Sort of, I kind of want a general mechanism for attaching icons to a topic plugins can lean on, it was rather tricky to wire in for solved plugin.

4 Likes

Sure… it would be great to have a more automatic, more official version. The posts in our forum where I’ve added :file_folder: in the title do look a bit nicer now.

It would be nice if this icon was the same darkness/contrast/color as the rest of the text, so as to not be too distracting as the user scans the page. (Like the emoji is.)

1 Like

You can always add some CSS to tackle this…

This would impact all emoji in titles:

.topic-link img.emoji,
.topic-list-item img.emoji {
  -webkit-filter: grayscale(80%);
  filter: grayscale(80%);
}

And this would target just :file_folder: :

.topic-link img.emoji[title="file_folder"],
.topic-list-item img.emoji[title="file_folder"] {
  -webkit-filter: grayscale(80%);
  filter: grayscale(80%);
}