Auto-focus on post while opening

Hi there,

Is it possible to set auto-focus (while opening a post) to focus on post, not on its reply? Right now, whenever I open the post, auto-focus scrolls down to the last reply.

Thanks for reply

Discourse keeps track of everything you read so it’ll automatically scroll down to the last unread reply.

That said, if you link directly to a post, Discourse will show you that post.

6 Likes

Actually, It focuses on the last reply even the reply is already read by current user. I would like to turn it off. Is it possible?

This isn’t a true solution, but just in case it’s helpful, a quick way to get to the top of a topic is shift + 3 + enter. But that’s only relevant on desktop.

1 Like

Well, if the user has read all the replies, what else could we show the user other than the bottom of the topic?

1 Like

Or, you know, just press Home :wink:

2 Likes

There is no Home button on mac haha…

Yeah, I understood your logic but I would like to show post not a reply. The reason for it is that we use the forum as a knowledge base. And the most relevant for the reader is the first post.

So can it be done somehow? Thanks for answer

I can definitely see how it might be nice have it as a setting, but I don’t think it exists at this point.

Here’s another topic on the issue:

3 Likes

Just click on the reply count rather than the topic title, and see what happens :wink:

3 Likes

It’s not user-friendly solution at all. I can imagine it as a new setting checkbox in administration as well :wink: