Auto-focus on post while opening

(Michal) #1

Hi there,

Is it possible to set auto-focus (while opening a post) to focus on post, not on its reply? Right now, whenever I open the post, auto-focus scrolls down to the last reply.

Thanks for reply

(Régis Hanol) #2

Discourse keeps track of everything you read so it’ll automatically scroll down to the last unread reply.

That said, if you link directly to a post, Discourse will show you that post.

(Michal) #3

Actually, It focuses on the last reply even the reply is already read by current user. I would like to turn it off. Is it possible?

This isn’t a true solution, but just in case it’s helpful, a quick way to get to the top of a topic is shift + 3 + enter. But that’s only relevant on desktop.

(Régis Hanol) #5

Well, if the user has read all the replies, what else could we show the user other than the bottom of the topic?

(Régis Hanol) #6

Or, you know, just press Home :wink:

(Michal) #7

There is no Home button on mac haha…

Yeah, I understood your logic but I would like to show post not a reply. The reason for it is that we use the forum as a knowledge base. And the most relevant for the reader is the first post.

So can it be done somehow? Thanks for answer

I can definitely see how it might be nice have it as a setting, but I don’t think it exists at this point.

Here’s another topic on the issue:

(Jeff Atwood) #9

Just click on the reply count rather than the topic title, and see what happens :wink:

(Michal) #10

It’s not user-friendly solution at all. I can imagine it as a new setting checkbox in administration as well :wink: