Auto sign up emails not sending via Sidekiq?

(adamprocter) #1

Test emails send without a problem and if I restart the server I can in fact resend the sign up email manually via the admin interface however the automatic one on initial sign up doesn’t send and stays stuck

I am not sure why, I checked my settings and did well on the spam test (8/10) using http://www.mail-tester.com as the sample email suggests.

(adamprocter) #2

If I restart the server it also seems to be happy to resend those that where stuck…

(adamprocter) #3

It seems that a restart kicks things into action for a bit but then… if I leave the server alone even test emails stop working and error log says

Job execution expired

/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:542:in `initialize'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:542:in `open'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:542:in `tcp_socket'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:552:in `block in do_start'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/timeout.rb:101:in `timeout'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:551:in `do_start'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:521:in `start'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.5/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:113:in `deliver!'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.5/lib/mail/message.rb:2149:in `do_delivery'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.5/lib/mail/message.rb:237:in `block in deliver'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/actionmailer-4.2.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:543:in `block in deliver_mail'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:164:in `block in instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/notifications/instrumenter.rb:20:in `instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:164:in `instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/actionmailer-4.2.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:541:in `deliver_mail'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.5/lib/mail/message.rb:237:in `deliver'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/actionmailer-4.2.8/lib/action_mailer    /message_delivery.rb:85:in `deliver_now'
/var/www/discourse/lib/email/sender.rb:184:in `send'
/var/www/discourse/app/jobs/regular/user_email.rb:41:in `execute'
/var/www/discourse/app/jobs/base.rb:154:in `block (2 levels) in perform'

Not sure what this means ?

(adamprocter) #4

settings -