Backup process broken

(Paul Apostolos) #1

I had automatic backups setup to go to S3 and they stopped working.

The backups tab Backup button now says “Cancel”. If I click cancel, it changes to the blue backup button then if I navigate to the page I get the same Cancel button.

If I try to click the Backup button (after clicking Cancel) I get this message

I figured it had to be something with S3 so I removed all that and did a ./launcher rebuild app (three times now) and still the same problem.

Sidekiq shows the job in the scheduler still despite automatic backups being turned off in the settings.

We’re supposed to go live today and I need to get a backup pulled first. Please help.

Number of scheduled jobs is near 2,000
(Régis Hanol) #2

Are there any logs in the unicorns log files?

(Paul Apostolos) #3

@zogstrip I don’t see anything (but to be honest I don’t know what I’m looking for).

(Régis Hanol) #4

Look for [FAILED] in the unicorn.stdout.log file.

(Paul Apostolos) #5
/var/docker/shared/log/rails$ nano unicorn.stdout.log

Searched for FAILED not found

Is that the right location?

(Bradley Boven) #6

I’m having the same issue, the backup button always goes back to “cancel” even after canceling and I can’t ever create a backup. The logs tab is empty. How can I troubleshoot?

(Sam Saffron) #7

Its on @zogstrip’s plate to fix, we have a workaround here:

(Bradley Boven) #8

I’m running a Bitnami installation (which I realize is unsupported), I installed this first (regretfully) and now have since set up a full docker instance and it is working great (yay!) but since my Bitnami instance is stuck in a backup, I can’t get my data out to export into my new docker instance. If anyone has any ideas on how to run the rails console in the Bitnami instance I’d love to hear about it so I can try this workaround.

(Bradley Boven) #9

In case anyone has the same question, I figured it out:

/opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/bin/rails c production

(Régis Hanol) #10

The workaround @sam mentionned is now in :crocodile:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b52177a4b6c251fcd1e816fd463aca3f4e1a0875

(Jeff Atwood) #11