Badge Notification Link Targets

The badge notifications take you to that badge’s page. This isn’t very useful, especially if there are a lot of badges that have been given out. The badges on that page link to the post, but there’s no way to tell which badge the notification is even for.

If a badge is for a specific post, clicking the notification should take you to the post that got you the badge.

I earned a "Nice Topic" badge 4 times - but for what?
(mott555) #2

Agreed. I get a notification about a badge, click the notification, and get sent to a page with a bunch of other users’ badges. Makes no sense to me.

(Mittineague) #3

Other than some having a wee bit of information, I guess the pages aren’t very “useful” except for letting the recipient see who else has gotten the same badge and promoting a sense of belonging - i.e. Community

Those pages are useful for badges not related to posts or when there aren’t very many that have been awarded. I don’t want them to disappear.

(Sam Saffron) #5

I always planned to let users filter badge page by user id, simplest thing is link to that

(Apparently Archetype) #6

This would be a very nice UI fix to have.

Is it on the roadmap at all?

(Sam Saffron) #7

Yes, I will try to get to a few badge things this release

(Sam Saffron) #8

This is now supported, so the grant links can be fixed as well and are next on my list.

(Sam Saffron) #9

Going forward, the OP is now implemented

(Sam Saffron) #10