Banner themes (and instructions for customizing them)

Ok, I will take a look tomorrow, now I’m out for dinner and I have only my phone with me.

4 Likes

Reminder… :grinning:

This code is right to do what you want,

.anon .banner-box {
    display: block;
}
.banner-box {
    display: none;
}

Did you do tests in incognito mode to avoid cache problems?

3 Likes

i don`t know why this happening, when am adding the codes its hiding it from both users and guests, yes i went through another clean browser and its the same.

when am adding this code nothing happening at all

.anon .banner-box {
}

but when am adding this with the above is hiding it from everybody

.anon .banner-box {
}

It’s the same code what I see in the posts above…Is your site private or public? Can you share a link?

1 Like

sent by PM…

Same thing occurred to me yesterday after updating discourse. All code modifications/updates that were working properly are still present, but now nothing will display regardless of a user being logged in or logged out. Code has been rechecked multiple times and it’s still occurring.

1 Like

Would I change this background and description information?
Could you please advise it?

Use this new theme component to build your banner

6 Likes

Is it possible to only show this component on the homepage of the forum? (that is, the categories-list page) The banner gets in the way on the other pages of my site, but is only needed on the homepage as a greeting. I dug through the code but couldn’t find anything that I could change to make it page-specific. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Dax great banner thanks.
Is the close button fixed. It doesn’t work on my site.

It has been fixed weeks ago from what I know. What version of Discourse are you running?

2 Likes

How do I change the icon using FA? for example, this line of code uses thumbtack and I can see where it says thumbtack. but when I change it to say “comments” as found on font awesome site, it doesn’t work. Am I missing something?

• Newsletters
  • Announcements
  • help please.

I’m not at home but probably you need only to add the icon in the svg icon subset site setting.

5 Likes

got it!! Discourse is the best! so easy to figure out things as long as you get tips!

4 Likes

@Dax Hello Daniela,

I’m using the expandable banner and I’ve changed the title with a banner (maintaining same ratio) and the next paragraph I used it as a title with a custom font. (https://i.imgur.com/6MVtpW9.jpg)

I’ve uploaded the custom font to the component and then I went to Common > CSS and added

@font-face {
        font-family: Custom;
        font-weight: normal;
        font-style: normal;
        src: url($custom-font) format('woff2')
    }

and modified

.description p {
        margin-top: -15px;
        margin-bottom: 5px;
        padding-left: 15px;
        padding-right: 15px;
        text-align: center;
        font-size: 50px;
        color: $title-color;
    }

It works fine and all but the problem is that when I go to /about page, the site description (Admin - Settings - Required - Site Description) is displayed with that custom font.

How can I isolate .description p settings to apply only to that section of the banner?

Add the parent element to your CSS to target just that element, so

.banner-box .description p {
        margin-top: -15px;
        margin-bottom: 5px;
        padding-left: 15px;
        padding-right: 15px;
        text-align: center;
        font-size: 50px;
        color: $title-color;
    }

should works.