I would love tips and insight in to what practices worked and did not work when migrating your existing forum community to Discourse.
As an organization that is moving a 5000 member community from an existing Forum software I am interested in:
- Preserving search engine rankings
- Minimizing disruption to the community
The resources that I have found here so far include
- The welcome steps and breadcrumbs (ex: Create at lest 5 categories)
in the Discourse software iteself
- Best practices for URL forwarding/rewriting from a previous (non-Discourse) system
- Is forum migration really worth it?
- "It's too complicated" complain the users. How did you find the user migration experience?
- Redirecting old forum URLs to new Discourse URLs
Seems like this might be better served as a tag [migration-tip], but lets see!