Use case: Utilizing Discourse as a forum with training content (course). The course is a paid-course, although I want to offer a FREE TRIAL. As I intend to be driving a dozen sign-ups a day or more, I want something automated and simple.
Further, I don’t want to pay an increased transaction fee for a membership site software plugin (for post-trial). Happy to pay a flat fee for the software, but not an additional 4% for transaction (!!).
Current software stack:
- GravityForms (with User Registration plugin)
- Wordpress membership plugin - Wishlist Member (AppSumo lifetime deal)
- ActiveCampaign (for email autoresponder, automation)
- Zapier (I can’t create a new User in Discourse with Zapier?)
My thoughts on how I can do this:
WP page with GravityForm for 7-day trial sign-up --> Creates new WP user --> SSO to Discourse --> Wishlist deactivates user in WP after 7 days --> ActiveCampaign sends email to state this change
WP page with GravityForm for 7-day trial --> Adds new user to list in ActiveCampaign --> ?? Some magic automation to create a new user in Discourse ?? --> ActiveCampaign to send new user emails
… a third option?
My outcome is simple:
- Easy to manage
- As few moving pieces as possible
- Not spending a ton on custom development (if any)
Thanks for any direction!