Blue Box Bug on iPadOS 13

G’day all, since the iPadOS 13 update I have seen lots of bugs of late, I have been getting this really annoying blue box bug, I have tried everything in my power to fix it but continues to stay and haunt me.

Here’s some screenshots:

5 Likes

Known issue, Will be fixed soon.

12 Likes

Okay sweet, thanks mate.

2 Likes

G’day, you probably already know this but on iPadOS 13.2 Discourse is really bad and just doesn’t work, I’m unable to upload other files, press cancel after highlighting text and a few more. Hopefully a fix is released soon.

All the best,
-QF

1 Like

I just discovered it’s an issue with iPadOS 13.2 in general as I’m unable to upload anything from my files app.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean here, if you click away from a text selection the text will be deselected.

4 Likes

When I have selected text I am unable to press cancel and when I press the side to get rid of it it doesn’t deselect. Do you want a video instead?

1 Like

Can you repro it here on meta?

3 Likes

Yes, a video would be good.

3 Likes

Yes. It still happens on here. One video coming right up.

Here’s the video.

1 Like

Are you tapping in the input box after clicking Select All? That won’t deselect the text, that feels like the normal behaviour too. Instead, tapping on the preview area on the right does deselect the text for me.

5 Likes

After I’ve selected it I’m pressing cancel. Let me try on my other iPad that’s running iOS 12.4.2.

Works normally and let’s me cancel the post with the text selected.

Thanks for the video @Qantas094, I’m not able to reproduce it with other text though. Does it happen for any text in the composer for you? Or maybe the text you’ve got has some kind of special formatting that causes the issue?

5 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean.

I mean that I think this issue is happening with that specific text in your composer. I can’t reproduce the issue on my iPad by typing or pasting random text.

1 Like

Apple did all sorts of cool (but website/app breaking) stuff with copy/cut/paste in iOS 13/iPadOS 13.

I’ve been having the same on not just my iPad, but my iPhone too.

iPhone

iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 13.2

iPad

12.9 inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
iPadOS 13.2

Quoting threads/posts is funky too, but I don’t want to get off-topic.

1 Like

So you see the same issue as the video above when you copy/cut/paste text in the composer? And this is reproducible here on meta as well?

1 Like

Yes, I’m experiencing the same issue.

1 Like