Brand Header

@vinothkannans

Like magic, fixed!

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi, I just ran the update this morning and now I get an error message at the top of the site “Your site may not work because theme / component Brand Header Theme Component has errors. Disable it…”

This is my first time updating a component, did I miss a step or anything? Any suggested fixes?

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Have you also updated discourse? Maybe the theme component was updated to work with a change in the software.

Or vice versa, did you update the software but not the theme component? Can’t tell from your post.

1 Like

My discourse was updated DEC 5th.

It might help if you can tell us what version of discourse and the component you are on.

2.4 beta8, and I updated the component 3 hours ago.

I am on the same and am not getting any error message. Others do not see the error so I would not worry if the functionality is working. The error may resolve itself.

3 Likes

The theme component is throwing an error "Brand Header Theme Component" error: Error: "Could not find module @ember/runloop"

@Allted you’re not on 2.4beta8, but on stable (2.3.7). The theme component was updated here and now it is not compatible with the stable branch anymore. @vinothkannans ?

8 Likes

It is fixed. This component should work fine with the beta & stable branches now.

8 Likes

Confirmed, it works great again! Thank you.

5 Likes

Hey there, would you be open to adding an option to display the bar below the header instead of above?

1 Like

Sure, I will accept it if you can submit it in a PR.

4 Likes

Any hints as to what needs to be changed for that? I never worked with Discourse before.

1 Like

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-brand-header/blob/master/common/header.html#L192-L194

You should mount the widget in “below-site-header” connector instead of “above-site-header”. It will require few more tweaks too.

5 Likes

Thanks, I got it to work! Will probably PR when I have a bit more time.

4 Likes

I merged your other PR which will add an optional target parameter to links.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-brand-header/pull/4

8 Likes

How can I make these social logos visible in a dark theme? I want them to have %100 opacity with white color.

Screenshot_2

1 Like

It should adapt to your color scheme and be at a 1.0 opacity already, but just in case, add this in your theme css

.b-header .panel > ul.icons a, .b-header .panel > ul.icons [class^="fa fa-"] {
    color: #fff;
    opacity: 1;
}
4 Likes

I’ve added this into CSS but it didn’t change anything.

Should I change something here as well?

Try this:

.b-header .panel .d-icon {
fill: #FFF;
}
7 Likes