Categories with colon cause autocomplete issues

Hello,

I have private subcategories with slug “private”. I mention them with #org:private

Unfortunately, when I entered the colon, I get suggestions for emojicons instead of categories (or sub categories).

Have a look here:

6 Likes

Thoughts on this @joffreyjaffeux?

Hmmm why are you including : in your category name, would it not be much simpler to call it #org-private then there is one less edge case to worry about.

There is a legit issue with the completion though cause test:hamburger: generates test:hamburger: and I incorrectly am getting the autocompleter here.

1 Like

Yes I have the fix for not showing picker at that time, but filtering on sub categories when pressing : in a string starting with # would be a new feature and would require some non trivial changes to autocomplete.

I would just not worry about showing the emoji picker if it is directly after a letter. That is the bigger bug here.

1 Like

I tried to remove redundancy in org:org-private in the category name and the path.

“not worry about showing the emoji picker if it is directly after a letter.” :white_check_mark: