Bulk change topic tracking

(mfeckie) #1

Further to a discussion on RubyRogues Parley asking about a way to bulk change the topics you are tracking

http://parley.rubyrogues.com/t/discourse-ux/764/43

@sam suggested posting here a sample, as I’m interested in working on the idea.

I would envisage the UI being along these lines.

On the users page

Displaying something like this when Topics Tracked is selected

What do people think? Would anyone like to work on it with me or point me in the right direction?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Hmm, not sure that is the right approach. I was thinking more of a mode that you enter from the existing topic list that lets you change state. Sort of like how moderators select posts to move or merge to different topics.

(mfeckie) #3

OK, so how would that work? If I’m looking at the right place, it seems that the topics listed only included ones the user created?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

If you have an iPhone, it’s sort of the way you can enter an “edit mode” on lists and start manipulating them. Then when you’re done, edit mode goes away and it’s just a list again.

The closest analog is moving posts as a moderator; you enter selection mode, select, then choose an action to perform with the selected posts.

(mfeckie) #5

Ok, that’s beyond my abilities / knowledge of the Discourse internals, so I’ll leave it to the experts :smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

There is now a bulk selection UI available here at the upper left of the topic list

Click that, it causes the favorite stars to turn into radio buttons to select the topics you want…

Then click / tap the admin wrench on the right to take action