Bulk number of users lost group access

(Ben Cannady) #1

We have been bulk inviting users to a group through email. We just had about 90% of them (2,000 users) lose access to that group and move to a trust level 1. Is there a feature in admin we could have accidentally used to cause this? Any ideas why this happen and how we can fix? Without re-inviting? Cheers

(Jeff Atwood) #2

@sam was the last person to work on inviting and adding people to a group through the invite. Anything you can think of here, Sam?

(Ben Cannady) #3

Thanks @codinghorror. To clarify we have not been using the new ‘bulk invite’ feature - I just saw this available in profile. We have been sending through discourse API.

(Adam Capriola) #4

Sounds like the 201 user limit for groups if 90% of ~2222 users lost access.

(Sam Saffron) #5

This limit is UI only.

(Mason Blier) #6

In the adminjs / controllers / group_controller, it seems to use the array of usernames to set the membership of the group. If the 201 user limit is applied to the model data, then “saving” it would only save the 201 users of the group. I haven’t tested this yet but I believe this is the bug.

(Sam Saffron) #7

The whole UI is being reworked by @lightyear at the moment, we will address this.

(Ben Cannady) #8

Hey guys, so Mason and I confirmed this as a bug. Editing a groups members (adding/removing) will save only 201 members to the group.

Any progress on a fix? Want to be sure before I add or remove a group member with 201+ users.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

I believe this was definitively fixed by @zogstrip about a week ago.

(Jeff Atwood) #10