Bulk Select button and column disappears on /categories page when logged in

(TheLoneCuber) #1

The Bulk Edit button and entire Star/select column is disappearing on my /categories page, but is still present on other editable pages, when I’m logged in. It disappears as soon as I navigate to the Categories page, but I can navigate to Top, Latest, etc, and the column and button is present?

I’ve tested on multiple Discourse instances, as multiple users, with multiple browers, multiple times. Both instances are Discourse v1.1.0.beta7

(TheLoneCuber) #2

I’ve attached a screenshot of my logged in view. On the left is /categories, and on the right is /top. As you can see there is no bulk select or Star/Select column on the categories page. Should there be?

(Mittineague) #3

If you click on the “list” icon to the left of “Topic” checkboxes will appear next to the rows.
Once you select one or more of them, it is then that the “wrench” will appear and clicking on that brings up the bulk actions modal.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Correct you can only list select on topic lists.

(TheLoneCuber) #5

The reason I was looking for hambergery-icon things here is because I’m trying to order my categories, and I’d seen this screenshot which shows hambergery-icon things which look like they can be used to order. I now see they’re in a slightly different position that I thought, but can the category order could set this way? I have got my site_settings/category/basic > “fixed category positions” selected.

(cpradio) #6

That is an old screenshot, you have to edit each category and give them an order number to rearrange them.

There is also an Admin Setting that needs to be set too.

(Kane York) #7

This is correct, the dragging code was ugly and broke differently on different browsers, so it was eventually just pulled. Rearranging the categories would probably be a one-time thing, so no need to have a fancy system for it.