Bundle exec rake fails

When I am setting up development enviroment with this guide Beginners Guide to Install Discourse on Ubuntu for Development things get messy when i try to do

This is the error I get:

bundle exec rake db:migrate db:test:prepare db:seed_fu Please require the stackprof gem falling back to fast_stack rake aborted! LoadError: cannot load such file -- memory_profiler /home/olli/discourse/config/initializers/06-mini_profiler.rb:7:in `<top (required)>' /home/olli/discourse/config/environment.rb:5:in `<top (required)>' /home/olli/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/bin/bundle:22:in `load' /home/olli/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/bin/bundle:22:in `<main>' Tasks: TOP => db:migrate => environment (See full trace by running task with --trace)

I have memory_profiler gem installed and this was done on a clean ubuntu 14.04 64bit. I don’t know what else info I could give.

E: Ok I have to make a confession. The version of the discourse is more than half a year old. But it has a lot of modifications and I wonder could I get it working without the nightmare of merging it with the newest one.

(Sam Saffron) #2

the solution as always is to avoid forks like the plague and always go with plugins… digging yourself out of the pit is not going to be easy, there is no simple solution for dealing with 5 month old conflicts… you just need to work slowly through them.