Button to popup registration form

(Richard Smith) #1

To promote registrations we are putting a button in the header saying ‘Register Now’, how to I force the Discourse registration window to pop up using html/css/js?

(Simpozium) #2

I’m also looking for similar. Though this reply is 647 days old but couldn’t find something helpful regarding that!

I want to pop the registration/signin dialogue up (with one line custom message) automatically if user is not signed in and tries to visit any page. But he will be able to cancel it. I want to do it for some time to promote registration as about all of my visitors don’t register.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Feature was implemented ages ago, notice the Sign Up button at the top of the page.

(Simpozium) #5

The first question was a bit confusing, so I made it a bit clear by editing mine. This is what I want.

(Mittineague) #6

Are you certain?

Intriguing discussion is more likely to be an incentive to register so they can post a reply or question than a potentially annoying in-your-face pop-up IMHO

(Simpozium) #7

I have a thought that my visitors don’t clearly know that this is a forum and they can participate. People in my country are less familiar with such forum, they are all used to PHP based like PHPBB and VBulliten. They might taking it as a kind of blog.

I have quality content, bounce rate is less that 15%. But signup rate is 1 in 2500 visitors. :frowning:

(Sam Saffron) #8

I think a far more effective way is displaying like and reply buttons to anon and funneling them through the register page

We did that kind of stuff at stack exchange and it was very effective