Can I have something similar to Reddit Gold?

(Alex) #1

Hello! I was wondering how I can serve ads on my forum and yet offer a subscription with exclusive features/rights and no more ads, similar to Reddit Gold. Is this possible? Thanks.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Use the patreon plugin with the ads plugin. Not sure the ads plugin can suppress ads based on group membership though, you’d need to read through the settings for it.

(Alex) #4

Thanks, but how do I add my AdSense code between my <head> and </head> tags?

(Kris) #5

You need to install the plugin and configure the settings.

(Alex) #6

I can’t go to that topic, it gives an error everytime stating: "might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

(Kris) #7

Hmm, not sure why that would be… but you can find the plugin and installation instructions here:

(Alex) #8

Thanks, I just tried going to the page with Edge Browser and it works, just not on Chrome :thinking:

(Alex) #9

@codinghorror It isn’t working, the guide is outdated and when I enter my publisher ID (only the number) it doesn’t work :confused:

(Jeff Atwood) #10

That’s because your adblocker is BLOCKING THE PAGE.

(Bart) #11

Not at this time; the ads plugin can only disable ads for users of a specified trust level. I’d be interested in this too; is this a ‘sponsorable’ feature?

(Alex) #12

Right. The Publisher ID worked however I got this from AdSense:

Have you been through the steps they provide?

(Kane York) #14

Use a Theme customization to insert the site verification ID in the </head> slot.