Yeah, I’d definitely look very hard at groups and categories, and even extending that system if necessary, before I went with two separate forums tied together with SSO. The only case I’d consider splitting them is if it was absolutely essential that the set of moderators and admins were separate between the two, because those perms are, by design, global across an entire forum.
mpalmer
(Matt Palmer)
3
Tópicos relacionados
| Tópico | Respostas | Visualizações | Atividade | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Merging users from different forums | 3 | 2502 | 6 de Agosto de 2015 | |
| Discourse as SSO provider for multiple clients | 10 | 2073 | 11 de Janeiro de 2023 | |
| Discourse to discourse SSO | 8 | 1158 | 28 de Maio de 2018 | |
| Accessing one discourse via two different SSO backends | 10 | 1477 | 25 de Maio de 2019 | |
| Is it possible to set up multiple separated forum instances (customer forum, partner forum)? | 2 | 1576 | 26 de Outubro de 2017 |